My Photo
Name:
Location: Leesburg, Virginia

Sunday, October 10, 2004

A poem for you amusement

This is a poem I wrote inspired by the events so wonderfully blogged by Micah Towery.

Walking down the street at night
Passing windows dark and light
It is late the walks are still
I feel so wrong I feel so ill
I run and run to anywhere
I have got to go just be there
There is music rushing hushing
And my face is flushing blushing
In the dark the air is sweet
In the dark the air is sweet

I hear the bass I hear the drums
I hear the guitar when it strums
The sound surrounds me I can’t see
Where by God can they be
Down tiny streets and alleys blind
The living rhythm fills my mind
I feel the beat it’s thumping pumping
I hear the sounds it’s jumping bumping
I run and I can’t feel my feet
I run and I can’t feel my feet

Dark spice scents across my nose
I fly by houses all in rows
A yard is bathed in electric glow
And people dancing fast and slow
I yearn towards it with all my soul
This living riot is my goal
There the drums are pounding sounding
There are the people hounding bounding
Here am I and I am beat
Here am I and I am beat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home