My Photo
Name:
Location: Leesburg, Virginia

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

High praise indeed

I see that I have been recommended by the amazing Micah Towery on his blog. Thanks and backatcha. As I have been credited as "mighty" and this blog as "dispensing wisdom," I will to be and/or those things more often.

I have two issues I want to comment on today. The first, interestingly, involves Micah's Greek homework and the second once again deals with the Catholic Church.

One. Try as I might, I still have a romantic streak. As to the kiss kiss hearts and flowers Valentine's Day meaning of the word, I have no comment. Wink. In this context I mean the literary ain't that a pretty sunset all you have to do is belieeeeeeve sense. I've also always been a words person. There are always been a fascination for me about a sheet of paper covered in handwriting. There is just something aesthetically pleasing about that. I also like the look of foreign languages. Foreign writing combines the adventure of new places with the mystery on undeciphered communication. Because of these two affinities, I have like to look at Micah's Greek homework as it combines a foreign language and alphabet in a handwritten form. I guess there's a beautiful juxtaposition between the exotic look of the Greek, and the everyday ordinarity (which is a word if I say it is) of a handwritten note. Maybe someday I'll get a scan so that I can show you what I mean.

Two. A few posts ago I went off on the Catholic calendar of saints because of a perceive under representation of Saint Timothy, after whom I am named. This is a related issue regarding my brother's namesake, the archangel Michael. Anyone who has seen Gangs of New York will remember the St. Michael medal worn by the Priest's men going in to battle with the Butcher's men. Apparently, that St. Michael is the same as the archangel from the Bible. Hey, um, did the Catholic Church really need to confer sainthood upon an angel? Isn't the whole "saintliness" issue kind of a human thing? Does the head of the Heavenly Host really need props from us? "Why thank you humanity. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Because I led the forces of God to defeat the armies of Satan before your race was even created, but it's nice to know you approve."

Random St. Michael, the Archangel facts: his feastday is September 29th and he is the patron saint of policemen, mariners, paratroopers, Germany, and, why not, grocers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hoskins said...

That's a good question. Maybe it's because he's the half brother of Jesus? That seems kind of special. I guess it's just one of those things.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your existentialquandary.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home