My Photo
Name:
Location: Leesburg, Virginia

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hey buddy! You can't park your tripod here.

I went to see War of the Worlds the other day. It was pretty amazing, very powerful and visually stunning. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Orson Wells radio broadcast, but this is a fine addition to War of the Worlds. Speaking of which, why is this story so popular? It keeps being remade again and again along with hundreds of other versions of the end of the world. Why do people like seeing everything they've ever known destroyed? Are we just bored in our modern life, looking for any distraction whether its bad or not? It kind of makes me wonder if the interest in 9-11 wasn't that it was sad or freightening, but that it was exciting. Will we destroy the world just to see what happens? Anyway, that's my quota of cheap philosophic naysaying for the week. Laters.

P.S. Is the song "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz brilliant or crap? I honestly can't decide. It's got to be one or the other.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Cooper said...

Sorry Tim, but War of the Worlds was just plain awful. It was boring and retarded. Mad props to Dakota Fanning. 8 year olds---represent!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home